Joining Derbyshire Riders is the ideal way to prepare for taking the RoSPA Advanced Motorcycle Test, meet like-minded motorcyclists and get involved in a range of events and activities.
Our membership year runs from 1 April – 31 March. Please feel free to contact Membership to discuss further the rules and charging currently agreed upon when joining mid-way through the year.
NB – we currently have a subsidy grant from the Derbyshire Road Safety Partnership towards New Associates joining specifically to learn the skills necessary to pass the RoSPA test. This subsidy grant is towards your joining fee and is available to new associates within Derbyshire. Please note – NB – the grant is a finite amount so places are limited. Please confirm / check with membership as to availability at the time of joining.
Types of Membership
The fees and charges for joining the group and taking the RoSPA Advanced Motorcycle test are really simple.
There is a single joining fee. If you are joining as an Associate, you’ll need to pay for your own copy of the Highway Code and Roadcraft books, and RoSPA test once you’re ready for it. You are also requested to offer your Tutor a contribution towards their vehicle running costs at a recommended rate of £10 per tutoring session.
Associate Membership – New Associate to RoSPA requiring full tutoring.
Full Membership – (hold a current RoSPA qualification) (Test/Re-test tutoring only)
Group Membership – Social membership for group nights and ride-outs (as pillion only) (No tutoring allocation required)
RoSPA Advanced Motorcycle Test Fee
Annual Membership Subscription
- In accordance with RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders guidelines, if you’re receiving tutoring, you are requested to offer a contribution towards your Tutor’s vehicle running costs with a recommended amount set by RoSPA currently £10 per session. This is payable directly to the Tutor at the start of each session.
- To be eligible to join as a Full Member, you must have taken and passed the RoSPA Advanced Motorcycle Test within the last 3 years and your RoADAR Membership must be current.
- To be eligible to join as an Associate Member (Under 26), you must be under the age of 26 at the date of joining the group.
- Full Members of Derbyshire Riders must also maintain their RoADAR membership. Fees for this are payable directly to RoADAR.
- A year’s initial RoADAR membership is included in the test fee.
- RoADAR membership is renewed annually on the anniversary of your test.
- Tutoring is provided on a first come, first served basis. We will make every effort to progress your learning as rapidly as possible. However there is no guarantee with respect to the waiting time. There is no opportunity for refunds associated with this.
How to Join Us
Please follow these steps to join us:
Step 1:Please contact membership to first to check you’re happy with the current waiting time for receiving tutoring.
Step 2:Print off and complete the Membership Application Form.
Step 3:Bring it with your payment to the next group night. Details can be found in our Home and Events page.